Monday, September 21, 2009

When do people turn "old," and other thoughts

I've heard a lot of people (and actually thought a lot about it myself) talking about turning old. This concerns me because I still enjoy going out to bars and having fun with some frosty beverages, but it is getting increasingly difficult to find others to go out with. I know, I know, it gets harder to recover after a night out, but at the same time, I feel that it's well worth a headache the next day to have a fun night with good friends. There's other reasons why people consider themselves old and not suitable for going out as much as they used to, but it just seems like I'm not at that point yet. When will that click in my head? I guess when we have kids, it will be something to think about more carefully seeing that we will be responsible for another life. YIKES! So that's my thought on that. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I really wonder if there is an age or a particular life event that happens to turn that "old" corner.

The other thoughts are going to have to be put on hold right now. They were mainly about how dominating my fantasy football team was this week and how awesome the Bills are. Buffalo lives and dies by their sports team and we really deserve a lot more than last second scoring drives by d-bags like Tom Brady. So I'm just glad when we play well. Hopefully we can contain the Saints offense this Sunday and put up some points of our own. Go Bills!

PS. Amy is being awesome handling this stuff with her mom. She deserves a big hug. I'm lucky to be the one that gives those to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment