Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's official!




We're engaged!!! Matt propsed Friday night/early Sat. morning!!
Here's the details....I know you want 'em!

Matt lit all the Christmas lights inside and outside our house after we got home from a friend's Christmas party. I thought this was a little weird, but didn't mind. :-) We sat down on the couch replaying the night's events of our fun times with great friends. He told me that I needed to check my stocking because it looked a little weird. "It's fine," I told him....not realizing what exactly was going on at first. He said it again....and then I got it...maybe there's something in it I need to see. So, I checked my stocking. Inside was a Timeline that Matt had written chronicling the major events of our relationship. It was 8 pages!!!!!!! I read through each milestone with tears in my eyes. It was so sweet! He's a wonderful writer. The last line said "I think you forgot something in your stocking....." I went over to my stocking to take it down, and I realized there wasn't anything in it. I turned around to tell him, and he was down on one knee. He spoke quickly holding back tears "I cannot live without your love. Will you marry me?" Of course I said YES!!! I got down on my knees so I could hug him. We hugged, laughed, and cried for what seemed like forever until FINALLY I realized that I needed to see my ring! He got it out and put it on my finger....and I gasped! It was beautiful!!!!!!!! He did an amazing job, and I was blown away. We still can't believe we are engaged!

We are planning a beach wedding in Key West for late June. Stay tuned for more details!

1 comment:

  1. wow, I have tears in my eyes!!!! Way to go Matt!! I am so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete